Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2012 16:00

Laptop @ Dell for repair

I had to send my laptop back because the screen went out.  It is still under warranty and I just purchased an extended warranty last month.  It has been at Dell since 5/29.  I call the number in the email I received  1-866-653-1627 but of course, it goes to voice mail. So I called the regular tech number and was told it would be tomorrow before I get some kind of an answer as the person helping me said all she could find out is that it was "being processed".   Why can't I get an idea when it will be fixed and returned?

23 Posts

June 5th, 2012 17:00

Hi tuespm449.

Welcome to the Community.

In order to get the current status of the repairs I would request you to please use the Dell repair status tool web link listed below:

depotstatustool.dell.com/.../searchlaptop.aspx

You just need to enter service tag, express service code and dispatch number. It will give you the current repair status.

Thank you

Ravi kant

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at:http://en.community.dell.com/

3 Posts

June 5th, 2012 17:00

Yeah, well it has shown the same status since the 30th of May.  I would think after 6 business days there should be a better response.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 6th, 2012 05:00

Normal turnaround time is 7-10 business days.

23 Posts

June 6th, 2012 18:00

Hi tuespm449 ,

I regret that we were not able to answer your query with the exact status of   the repairs as we did not have system’s specific information like a service tag or a dispatch number.

I would request you to please add me as a friend or send me a direct message to provide me the service tag. Once we have the service tag I would be able to provide you the correct status of   the repairs.

You can contact us on 18006249896 or chat with using the below web link:

support.dell.com/.../hardware_chat

Thank you

Ravi Kant

You can reach us at:

http://en.community.dell.com/

3 Posts

June 7th, 2012 17:00

thank you Ravi for your response last night.  I did get a call yesterday from a tech at Dell.  I was informed the laptop was "on the bench for repair" and should be complete in 3-4 hours.  I asked if it would "definitely" be shipped back today and was told yes.  Well, the latest update still shows something different.

Diagnosis of your unit has begun
  • 5/30/2012 11:16:01 AM CST : Your product is currently being worked on by a certified technician. All problem(s) reported will be checked by the technician before making any necessary repair and/or parts replacement.
  • 5/30/2012 4:18:06 PM CST : Customer Hold: Depot personnel requires additional information before they can proceed with repairs. You will be contacted within one(1) business day.
  • 6/4/2012 8:09:26 AM CST : Your unit has been released from hold. Diagnosis of your unit will be continued by our technician.

23 Posts

June 8th, 2012 17:00

Hi tuespm449,

I apologize for the delay in servicing your portable. It seems that the system is being repaired and will be shipped to you soon. However, to check the status of it or to get the repairs expedite I would require your service tag or the dispatch number so that I can pull up the details. You can add me as a friend or you can provide me the information (service tag or dispatch number) as a direct message.

Thank you

Ravi Kant

You can reach us at:

http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!