Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 12th, 2012 03:00

Laptop power problem

I am a staff of the University of Nigeria Nsukka ( <ADMIN NOTE: Non-public info removed as per TOU> ) and I've got issues with my Dell D600 laptop. It fails to charge

1.8K Posts

December 12th, 2012 03:00

Hi, 

Please share the exact error message that you are getting from the system. Please check if the charging port on the laptop is loose. Connect an alternate ac adapter to see if that works fine with the system.

Place the cursor on the battery icon on the right bottom corner of the system and it will show either of the messages:

• Plugged in, charging.
  • Plugged in, not charging.

In case of 'Plugged in, not charging' message, check the battery health meter:

• Click on Windows logo on desktop.
  • Type 'Power options' in search bar above that.
  • Click on Power Options.
  • Check for the 'Battery Health Meter' among the different options on the left side of window.
  • Go to 'Battery Health' tab to check the battery health.  

In case you do not find this option, install Quickset application on your system:

• Click on the link: http://dell.to/XawvHw 
  • Click on 'Download Now'.
  • Select 'Single-file Download' and click on 'Continue'.
  • Click on 'Save' and save it to desktop.
  • Double click on file and follow the on screen instructions to install the application.
  • Restart your system and check the battery health meter.

If you are getting 'Plugged in, not charging' message, I will recommend you to update the BIOS.

Please find the link for BIOS update: http://dell.to/SUIECb 

Note: The ac adapter should be connected and the battery should be at least 10% charged. Please disconnect all the external devices connected to the system before updating the BIOS. Please save all the unsaved data as your system will restart automatically while updating the BIOS.

• Click on the above link.
  • Click on 'Download Now'.
  • Select "Single-file Download" and click on "Continue".
  • Click on "Run" and follow the on screen instructions.
  • Restart your computer

Please reply for further clarifications.
No Events found!