Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2013 03:00

Laptop restarts automatically

My dell Inspiron 15R(N5010) laptop shuts down automatically while I am working and then restarts automatically and then shuts down after dell logo appears.  I contacted service center and they told me that this is because of excessive heating. What should I do?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 21st, 2013 04:00

Hi Jaydeep29,

I'm going to move your message to the laptop forum for more help. Two things I suggest you do to diagnose this problem. First, make sure automatic restart is disabled in Windows, which allows you to view any fatal error problems prior to shutdown. Second, in the BIOS there is usually a setting for what to do after power loss. This should be set to OFF.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 21st, 2013 05:00

Hi Jaydeep29,

Please clean the air vents using the can of compressed air, in addition try running the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed.

Press the FN + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 20:00

Thank you for reply. I tried these but still my laptop shuts down while working. People at service center told me that problem is with motherboard. I wanna know if it can be repaired or not.

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 20:00

Yeah, I tried these. But problem still persists. People at Dell service center told me that there is problem in my motherboard.  So I wanna know if this can be repaired or not. Please help me.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 24th, 2013 07:00

The mainboard will need to be replaced to solve the problem - that can be done, but may be expensive enough to make a replacement system a better idea.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 26th, 2013 09:00

Hi Jaydeep29,

Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

No Events found!