This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 30th, 2016 04:00

Latitude Boot up on Docking Station with Lid closed

Hey guys,

I have a latitude e7450 on a Dell E-Port Replicator Docking Station with USB 3.0, with an external monitor attached to the docking station.

When I boot up the laptop with the lid closed on the docking station, if freezes on the "dell" logo,

and does not get pass that to the windows welcome screen. I tried using the power button on the docking station to no avail. So I have to open the lid whenever I power up the system and it's really frustrating.

Is there a fix to this or is the system rigged to not boot up to windows whenever the lid is closed?

Thank you

December 30th, 2016 21:00

Hi kenneth99,

Thank you for wiring to Dell Community Forum.

Can you disconnect the monitor and then try to power on the system when docked.

What is the BIOS version updated on the system?

please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 1st, 2017 13:00

Hi Akshatha,

Thank you for your reply. My BIOS is A13. I tried unplugging everything except the power cable attached to the port replicator (docking station) but I still cannot get past the black and white "dell" logo to the windows.

It just freezes whenever the lid is closed and I power up the system.

Is this a known problem with e7450? Is there a way to fix this issue?

January 2nd, 2017 02:00

Hi kenneth99,

Thank you for these details.

We have responded to your private message as well.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 7th, 2017 20:00

It powers up just fine when I do that with the lid open while on docking s.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 7th, 2017 20:00

Thank you for your message. I don't have access to another docking station so I can't test it.

It works fine when I power it up and then attach it to the docking station.

The only problem is not booting up and freezing at the "dell logo" when the lid is closed when attached to the docking system.

Is this designed this way or is there a problem with the docking system and/or the laptop itself?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 13th, 2017 07:00

Docking stations charges the system and works fine.

Did you check if  can check if the docking station has the option for powering on the system when docked with lid closed?

No Events found!