Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

I

1 Message

December 27th, 2003 04:00

Latitude D600 - LCD lock up with any 3D program

I've noticed with my latitude D600 that when I try to run anything that uses 3D hardware (games etc) that my system will lock up. I installed the latest video driver (6.14.10.6371) thinking that would fix it but to no avail. What happens is that the program will run for a 10-20 seconds then the screen will freeze and the colors will fade and go very weird or the screen will go blank.  I've tried playing around with settings, newest drivers, summoning the video hardware gods. Nothing seems to fix it.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? If you have a solution i'd like to know. My machine is pretty standard with 1GB of ram. Hopefully it isn't faulty hardware.

thanks in advance for any kind of help.

1 Message

December 27th, 2003 16:00

Not a hardware fault as I have exactly the same problem, checked ATI as the Notebook I have uses the Radeon 9000 mobile but they haven't a newer driver for this.  Loaded the latest patches, bios and video drivers from Dell all to no avail.  Posted with Dell support and awaiting a reply, here's hoping.

4 Posts

June 7th, 2004 11:00

Still awaiting like a few others, maybe Dell is hoping that "it will just go away ...". My D600 was delivered in January, but I have since updated all the drivers etc (except the mid-2003 ATI driver from Dell) and the BIOS (ok, so I'm holding off on the A12 one since one other user mentioned having problems with the docked resolution sticking, so I'll wait).

Sometimes I miss my CPxJ  (NOT!)

Anyone still getting lock-ups during intense video use?

Spyro

No Events found!