Highlighted
y22man
Bronze

Latitude D600 and windows 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Latitude d600.  I have installed windows 7.  But I want to install drivers and update some.  But I only see windows 2000 and XP as option.  Anyway I can get the windows 7 drivers for my Latitude?

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ejn63
Diamond

Re: Latitude D600 and windows 7

Jump to solution

There should be little or no need beyond what WIndows 7 natively supports - and the system is so old, you won't find the drivers from Dell.  This system was never supported with Vista and 7 won't be officially supported, either.

If there's a driver missing, you'll have to find it from Microsoft or from the component manufacturer.  The D600 is ancient as systems go - it went end of life years ago.

0 Kudos
y22man
Bronze

Jump to solution

I understand it is old.  But it is still a perfectly good laptop hardware wise.  Unfortually I was hoping windows would install generic drivers.

Drivers I need are the NIc drivers and wireless drivers.

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

The wired driver is probably Intel -- the wireless, likely Broadcom -- you should be able to use Vista or 7 drivers for these.

0 Kudos
ilsidur
Copper

Jump to solution

Audio Driver:
Search for Realtek ac97vista_6305 download --> unzip --> High light the sound missing component under Device Manager, then update by point to the directory you just unzip the ac97vista_6305.

www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97-realtek-driver-vista.html

Wireless network
For missing wireless driver, just plug your Ethernet to your network, then do windows update; the windows update

will update your wireless drive.

Info from : http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36613-anyone-have-working-audio-driver-dell-d600.html

That would be it. I have my Dell D600 running fine on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

Both should be available - from either Intel or Broadcom (whichever you have - D600s were shipped with both wired NICs and a variety of wireless cards).

0 Kudos
ronss
Diamond

Jump to solution

vista  and windows 7 is not really supported for your laptop........its just too old...i have an old desktop that i cannot upgrade due to the age and non-support for drivers....get ya a newer notebook

danbrownell
Copper

Jump to solution

I am trying to install windows 7 on my latitude from an ISO but I need to make a bootable windows 7 disk.  Do you know how I can make a bootable windows 7 disk from an ISO?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

If the ISO was made properly, all you need to do is extract and burn it to a DVD.  Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc., can all do this.

0 Kudos
danbrownell
Copper

Jump to solution

Actually, I found this tool : Create Windows 7 Bootable USB Drive or DVD Using Official “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft (http://www.askvg.com/create-windows-7-bootable-usb-drive-or-dvd-using-official-windows-7-usbdvd-down...) .  Thanks to all for the wonderful suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos