Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2011 05:00

Latitude D630 screen blank on startup

I seem to have a specific issue that I couldn't find an answer to on the forums, and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Windows Vista and an Intel Graphics card.

Yesterday, I got a trojan horse on my computer. I ran all the system checks and all that stuff and got the trojan horse removed.

However, in the midst of removing this, my computer restarted and when the screen came back on, the resolution was in 1024x600. I typically have it in 1440x900. When I went to the personalization screen, 1440 was not even an option - the highest resolution I could select was 1024. I tried various things to fix this, to no avail.

After performing a Google search, I somehow decided it would be a good idea to uninstall my Intel Graphics driver and re-install the one off of the Dell website. I uninstalled the driver, but when I tried to restart my computer, the screen was completely blank in both safe mode and regular mode. I can hear the Windows sound after the startup screen, but I cannot see anything. The screen is just a dull gray. I'm guessing this is because I uninstalled the driver.

Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any ideas on the resolution, but obviously the most important thing is just getting the computer back on for now.

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!