Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2012 06:00

Latitude E6420 Hardware Encryption Accelerator

I have purchased a Latitude E6420 with the Dell Data Protection along with the Hardware Encryption Accelerator.

I had to reinstall the OS and I can't find the driver for the Accelerator.

It appears in the device manager as Networking and Computing Encryption/Decryption Controller.

The Dell Data Protection | Encryption software works, but without the driver for the encryption controller it won't do hardware encryption, only software encryption. I have been getting the run around from Dell for days. It isn't on the drivers and downloads page for my system.

Can anyone help me?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 23rd, 2012 10:00

The Driver is restricted access aka Military Hardware aka No Exprort to china Bla Bla Bla.

Its also not free aka Just Like with PowerDVD and Roxio you have to buy it.

Please note that this Microsoft software product may use technological measures for copy protection. In such event, you will not be able to use the product if you do not comply with the product activation or reactivation procedures, which may be completed by Internet or telephone (toll charges may apply).
 Configuration, pricing, and monthly payment information above is estimated and presented for your convenience only. All pricing, shipping and monthly payment information is subject to change without notice. Final order specifications and amounts, including tax and shipping, will be communicated following receipt of your online order. Dell will not be responsible for typographical or other errors or omissions regarding prices or other information. Products displayed are available to US customers who take delivery in the 50 United States. All sales are subject to Dell's Term and Conditions of Sale.
 Intel, Pentium, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

Available Models

DDPE external media edition software
Dell Data Protection | Encryption External Media Edition software
Provide automatic protection and fill critical security gaps for data stored on portable media with Dell Data Protection | Encryption External Media Edition.
Dell Price $8500
DDPE personal edition software
Dell Data Protection | Encryption Personal Edition
Secure company and customer data with Dell Data Protection | Encryption Personal Edition, a comprehensive solution for your business.
Dell Price $8500
DDPE bitlocker manager software
Dell Data Protection | Encryption BitLocker Manager
Secure your data across your organization, simplify regulatory compliance and enjoy flexible management capabilities with BitLocker Manager.
Dell Price $8500
DDPE enterprise edition software
Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise Edition
Secure company and customer data with Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise Edition, a comprehensive solution for your entire organization.
Dell Price $8500

March 26th, 2012 06:00

I have already purchased this software. I purchased it with the laptop. They didn't send me media to re-install the software when I had to re-install the OS. I was able to get the software from the company, but not the driver for the controller, meaning the software is effectively useless.

2 Posts

June 4th, 2012 11:00

It is posted under Security Encryption for your model E6420.  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04

Security Encryption (1)

File Title Importance Release Date Version Add to My Download List Actions
Dell-Driver
DELL-SECURE-ENCRYPTION-_A01_R309617.exe (6MB)

2 Posts

June 4th, 2012 11:00

Under Dell's Drivers and Downloads for the E6420 you will find a posting for this driver under Security Encryption heading:  www.dell.com/.../04

No Events found!