Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

October 14th, 2008 20:00

Latitude E6500 - Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus when installing XP

I ordered new E6500 that came with Vista on it and I wiped that and have installed XP Pro SP2 on the machine.  I have followed the guide on this page and installed everything in the correct order.  The only thing that didn't install was the dial-up modem.  It errored out and said "No MODEM device was found".  Typically on the Latitude laptops I seem to remember installing the modem driver and it taking care of this entry in the device manager, but not this time.

There is a dial-up modem on the laptop and this is the only device that looks to not be installed.  There is no webcam, WAN modem, or anything else like that.

Has anyone else had this problem with installing XP onto a E6500?  Is the installer for the modem driver just bad or is there possibly something else going on.

4 Posts

October 21st, 2008 15:00

I finally figured it out.  This laptop has the integrated Intel graphics and when you extract the drivers downloaded from the Dell site there will be a folder inside there named HDMI.  Inside there is the driver.  I guess for some reason it didn't install that driver when I installed the video driver.  The name of the device is Intel High Definition Audio HDMI Service.

1 Message

January 16th, 2009 08:00

Thanks egwilliam,

I had the same problem, it was driving me nuts.  When I called Dell they insisited that I run a hard ware test *sigh*.  I told them I'd think about it them I came to check out the forums - this fixed worked like a charm, even though I was skeptical what with an device under the Audio category needing a file from the Intel video card folder.

1 Message

March 15th, 2013 06:00

It's the Intel High Definition Audio HDMI Service. You can find the driver in INTEL_CHIPSET-SOFTWARE-INSTA_A05_R302424.exe (C:\DELL\drivers\R302424\HDMI\)

No Events found!