Highlighted
kubow
Copper

Latitude E6510 drivers problem Broadcom USH and ACPI\SMO8800

Jump to solution

Hi,

im searching whole evening for that drivers with no results Smiley Sad. I have in my device manager this two devices without drivers. So if some one knows where can i find them please post the link to them. In the drivers section are lots of drivers which i try but without success. It could by better description to them. 

thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: Latitude E6510 drivers problem Broadcom USH and ACPI\SMO8800

Jump to solution

Why do need the drivers?  Didn't the computer arrive with everything in working order?

If you want help, you should explain in more detail like OS and what you did that requires drivers to be installed.

0 Kudos
kubow
Copper

Jump to solution

i bought it from my friend and i dont have drivers cd :/. I have win7 64b on it,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_362048&isLegacy=t...

if Dell doesn't have the drivers, then you may be out of luck

0 Kudos
djw74
Copper

Jump to solution

Here are the drivers you need:

Broadcom USH = ControlPoint - Security Device Driver Pack

ACPI\SMO8800 = Applications - ST Microelectronics Driver (Free Fall Sensor)

I just installed these on two E6510s today.  Make sure you select your Operating System first or you may get the wrong version of Control Point.

djw74
Copper

Jump to solution

Both the above drivers can be found on Dell's Support - Drivers page when you select your model or Service Tag.

0 Kudos
LA7teen
Copper

Jump to solution

Exactly what I needed - thanks a million!

0 Kudos
LebanonIT
Copper

Jump to solution

@ieee488

this was useless.  the link says little more than go install it.  The 2 drivers he needed for his install Dell practically hides.  If you don't know they're there you won't be able to find them without a lot of trial and error.

0 Kudos
oneartist
Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks djw for giving the needed information. Links die, but specific names stick. It was a little harder to find the second SMO8800 but I found it by searching directly in Google. It's not found at Dell.

0 Kudos
oneartist
Bronze

Jump to solution

I know this is an old thread, but I discovered why many are here looking for the same answers. I imagine that many have tried doing a fresh install of win7 64bit using a upgrade disk. The upgrade 64bit disk does not have the drivers for the original 32bit WinXP hardware. Either a complete fresh install using the original disk then the upgrade disk, or finding the drivers using a 32bit xp search for the internet connections. I suspect the Control Point and Micro electronics have nothing to do with the network hardware on these computers.

0 Kudos