Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2012 07:00

Missing antenna on Vostro 3300

Hi!

Got a WWAN card that I recently installed on my Vostro 3300. The driver is installed perfectly and the card is recognized by the dell mobile broadband manager.

The only issue is- I do not have any reception since the antenna is missing for some reason!
I can see the Wlan antenna that passed near by the WWAN card, though there are no antenna cables for the WWAN card!

Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks! 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 21st, 2012 11:00

Hi stthebeast,

When you ordered the system along with the WWAN card then the antenna will be available in the system, the WWAN card antenna is attached with the LCD cover. Since the antenna is not available in the system you might have to purchase the LCD cover.

4 Posts

November 21st, 2012 21:00

Thanks Senthil,

Can you direct me to an example of the item that I need to purchase?

Also,isn't it the same connection that is used for the WLAN card?

Thanks again,

Sagi

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 10:00

Hi stthebeast,

Connection is similar to a WLAN card, to get the antenna you may have to purchase the LCD back cover. The part number is 5CXWR (brass LCD cover), 68K1R (red LCD cover), YCFW5 (silver LCD cover). Please choose the appropriate part number according to your system back cover.

4 Posts

November 28th, 2012 00:00

Will this :www.ebay.com/.../330748411290 suffice?

It's just that it's hard for me to understand why I need to change all the back lid instead of just adding two antenna cables to the existing hardware...

Thanks again for all your help!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 28th, 2012 05:00

Hi stthebeast,

Antenna cables are assembled in the LCD back cover and it comes as single part. That is why you need to get the LCD back cover. The part number YCFW5 which you have given is correct.

No Events found!