Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 02:00

My DELL INSPIRON 15R N5110 window 7 Home premium Refuse to go to sleep it self

My window 7 Home Premium on a DELL INSPIRON 15R N5110 refuses to go to sleep it self ,after setting sleep time to about 15 minute on battery and 20 minute while plugged in,don't know why these is happening.
If i switch to sleep manually PC will go to sleep ,but if leave idle and work away for infinity hours will still find My notebook turned on have check all settings things seems perfect..

Anyone can advice on a possible solution ?

1.3K Posts

January 30th, 2013 06:00

Hi Darealman,

Please go ahead and install the latest video drivers from the support site and also perform the Windows update. Click on the below link and key in the system service tag and select the appropriate operating system to download the drivers.

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

3 Posts

January 30th, 2013 08:00

Thanks Harish

I have gone through all this process you advice some few days ago ,and i downloaded all drivers with my service TAG through dell website ,and as well my system window updates are up to date.

No new update are detected ,i even go ahead by searching for updates manually but no issue was found

I just don't know what i can do to regain my computer normality about going into sleep mode itself.

I don't want to  do a window re-installation again because since since i bought this NOTEBOOK this is about the 4th time i did window re installation ..

So is there any possible option i got for this my window to get back into sleep mode itself other than re installing my windows again.

Am really fed up because sometimes i sleep off and my notebook won't go to sleep it self very burden on me

A reply will be appreciated  

1.3K Posts

January 31st, 2013 06:00

Hi Darealman,

Please try the below option and let us know if it works.

Open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

under media streaming – Block All.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2013 21:00

Thanks Harish

It works .my manchine is now in a good sleeping state

Thanks alot thumb up for you and your colleagues

3 Posts

March 26th, 2014 11:00

Will this work for me too? I am having the same problem except when I put my inspiron 15 windows 7 in sleep mode it crashes and I get fatal error screens if I let it sleep for more than 1 hour. The only solution I have is to shut it down everytime I'm done using it which is very inconvenient. I've called tech support 4 times and have tried several fixes but it is still not performing well. Purchased it Jan 2014.
No Events found!