Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 11th, 2013 18:00

My Dell INSPIRON mini will not fully boot up

After trying to reset to factory settings I keep getting error message "The instructionat ox0043fa86 referanced at oxooooooo4. The memory could not be read."  What can I do now?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 11th, 2013 20:00

Hi agrajeep,

In case the system is booting into windows, you can repair all the system files. Follow the steps below.

Go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter

Let us know about the progress.

3 Posts

February 13th, 2013 18:00

I can not get the start up of windows to finish so I can not get to the Start/Run tab.  I tried the SCF/SCANNOW from the X: prompt but it did not work.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 15th, 2013 01:00

Hi agrajeep,

Running the PSA hardware diagnostics will help us to identify if there is any problem with the hardware.

Please release static power and run the PSA hardware diagnostics.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power and then try running the test. 

You can run the PSA hardware diagnostics in your computer to check the hardware is working as designed. Follow the steps below to run the PSA diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer 

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below. 

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please do reply for further assistance.

3 Posts

February 16th, 2013 12:00

I ran the PSA as suggested and all systems passed.  However when I run the Startup Repair I get the message that "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically".  Under diagnostic and repair details it says: Root cause found: No OS files found on disk.  Repair action: Partition table repair result: failed, error code = 0x490.

I looked under advanced options and opened the command prompt window.  Everything looks like it is there, windows\system32 and a lot of files and directories.  One thing I am not sure of is when I open the command prompt window it goes to X:\windows\system 32, I thought the drive letter would be C\: or D:\.

I am running Windows7 Starter as an OS on this computer.  It still will not boot all the way up in windows.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2013 22:00

Hi agrajeep,

I am sorry for the delayed response; the error code indicates that the operating system is corrupted. You may have to reinstall the operating system and could lead to data loss.

No Events found!