Highlighted
mohsinmkg7
Copper

My Dell N5010 shows a "insert system password" when i reset my BIOS Setting! need help?

i have read your reply here for same question so i want to know if u can help me too

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19492860.aspx

Srvice Tag No. : <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

DELL INSPIRON N5010

I am owner of my Dell INSPIRON N5010 , but i m not from USA , my computer hanged so my friend just restored its BIOS setting( i am not sure if these are called BIOS, but it happened as: he restarted Laptop, pressed F12 and there he restored settings 
then when it restarted there appeared a black screen in middle of which there is a blue box saying "Insert system password" 

Now i tried looking over internet all over the place 
I found out a few reasonable solutions 

1- remove a battery with motherboard , but for that you need an expert for which my laptop might have to opened which i prefer not to get opened 

2- second provide your service tag(S/N) on dellpasswords.com but that asks for $35 which i think is just too much! 

Now I want if the second one can be done for free or anyother viable solution 
thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: My Dell N5010 shows a "insert system password" when i reset my BIOS Setting! need help?

Hi,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name and the exact message you get with the code via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will try and check if a master password can be generated for this to help you reset the password.

0 Kudos

RE: My Dell N5010 shows a "insert system password" when i reset my BIOS Setting! need help?

I have Dell Inspiron N5010

Service Tag is GWTW5N1

and on booting it demands system password.   

Please help me.

0 Kudos