Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2016 21:00

My Dell inspiron 15 3521 wont turn on and sounding like a beep several times

hello sir

my lappi is 1.5 yrs old but suffering from a problem that it wont starts and whenever i pressed the power button nothing happened and a noise sound beep buzzing several times.i m unable to do what should i do.i ve done several tricks whatever required is that to hard reset, hardware diagnostics,format computer,change operating system etc. bt no benefits of it.

my service tag is .

plz suggest me appropriate work that would assist or solve my problem .i will always thankful to u

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 17:00

:emotion-2:

A) Unplug the AC adapter from the Laptop and wall socket

B) Remove the battery from the laptop

C) Press and hold in the "Power On " button for 15 seconds then release

D) Replace the battery

E) Plug the AC adapter into the wall socket, then the laptop

F) Press the "Power On ' button. Hopefully your computer start normally

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 17:00

" and a noise sound beep buzzing several times "

Seven beeps usually mean CPU Cache Test Failure. Click on the link below to confirm the series of beeps:

en.community.dell.com/.../3624.beep-codes-and-psa-diagnostic-chart

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 18:00

Dell Inspiron 3521 manual, page 89):

downloads.dell.com/.../MMD_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

January 17th, 2016 05:00

i have done all the tricks u have mentioned but no benefits of it provide me something new

2 Posts

January 17th, 2016 07:00

I have the same type Laptop Recently I get a single beep (almost like a hard smack on plastic) when I turn it on. beeps once every 3 seconds until I press and hold Power button to force shutdown. I tried pulling HD, no difference. tried what was suggested in other answers to original request, also no help.

looking thru  Beep Codes and PSA Diagnostic Chart  (at en.community.dell.com/.../3624.beep-codes-and-psa-diagnostic-chart )  I see a chart listing single beep code. 1 is a rom failure. Is his what I am seeing, or is chart a summary of the beep types listed above it?

about a month ago, it happened, but by powering off and on, I was able to boot.. sometimes with "media error" message that went away as the system booted.

So, what am I battling here.

(Laptop is NOT still under warranty.)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 17th, 2016 07:00

The mainboard and/or CPU has failed and will need to be replaced -- on this model, the CPU is soldered to the board, so both the mainboard and CPU must be replaced as a single unit.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for the quick reply.

The computer can't even make it to responding to the F-keys, just sits there and beeps (1 hard beep about every 3 seconds).

I did get it to power up to win10 ok once, took the opportunity to run diag online with no errors. O restart, back to Beeps.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 17th, 2016 11:00

Hi Mikesnare

According to the Dell Inspiron 3521 manual, page 89), it's a possible system board failure.

You can use the diagnostics tool on the laptop by tapping the F12 key at boot up. Power on laptop, quickly tap the F12 key continuously, you should see the diagnostics screen. Run the extended test as well. Please click on the test below and watch video.

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics:

www.youtube.com/watch

January 18th, 2016 20:00

plz suggest me that where can i replace this

and i have mentioned earlier that my lappi is 1.5 yrs old so am i able to repalace it of free of cost.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-6:

Hi Mikesnare

It's most likely the motherboard / system board is failing or has fail. Please click on the link below and check the status of your warranty:

www.dell.com/.../products;

what is the charge for replacing motherboard and cpu both for inspiron 15 3521

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 19th, 2016 06:00

You can also check out this site as well.

Parts People com:

www.parts-people.com/howserviceworks.htm

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 19th, 2016 06:00

Hi Prabhat 12345

Click on the link below for a quote.

EDIT:

Dell com: Support Service for Expired Warranties

Get the most out of your investment by fixing your hardware challenges rather than purchasing a new system. Dell provides quality hardware repairs for Dell Laptops, Tablets, Desktops and All-in-Ones that are less than 5 years old* and that are no longer covered by a limited hardware warranty. Call or chat with us so a Dell technician can quickly explain your options and get you back online.

www.dell.com/.../out-of-warranty;

No Events found!