Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2015 14:00

Need Bios for Dell Inspiron 5520

Earlier today I updated my Bios through the Dell website. The program started to flash the bios and went to a black screen where it stayed for over an hour before I determined something had gone wrong.

I had to remove the battery in order for it to shut off. I started it back up after I put the battery back in and the LED lights come on and it continually beeps. There is no number of beeps its just beep pause beep pause... on and on. It is not Beep Beep stop so I cannot get a code from it.

Right now Im wanting to put an older version of the bios back on using a USB Flash drive.

The only problem is I cannot search for the Bios for my specific motherboard to download it. My service tag has warn away from usage.

I did get my motherboard model from removing the ram.

It is cn-0n35x3

Is it possible to get the download link for the bios and anything else I might need to perform this.

I am wanting to do a BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive

1.8K Posts

June 16th, 2015 16:00

Hello, 

Here is a link to the A14 BIOS for the Inspiron 5520.   If you scroll near the bottom there is a section for "Older Versions" that you can open up and find links to the older BIOS files.

Here is an article on how to create a Bootable USB Flash Drive. You will need to download the Dell Diagnostic Deployment Package software.

Let us know if you have any other questions and I'll see what I can do to help.

Todd

No Events found!