Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

70 Posts

June 21st, 2007 13:00

Need driver / drivers for docking station PR01X

I have a latitude D510 with windows xp home. The battery charger jack on the motherboard broke (common with this model) so to get around throwing this nice computer away,  I bought a dell docking station PR01X. It charges but EVERY TIME I disconnect it , I have to reboot - to have my touch pad work correctly. I get an error message I am missing the drivers. I searched high and low on Dells driver sight. I have no recollection of getting the Disk in my docking station package.

error message reads you cannot eject our computer because of vegasave .....

170 Posts

June 22nd, 2007 16:00

@sdanville wrote:
I have a latitude D510 with windows xp home. The battery charger jack on the motherboard broke (common with this model) so to get around throwing this nice computer away,  I bought a dell docking station PR01X. It charges but EVERY TIME I disconnect it , I have to reboot - to have my touch pad work correctly. I get an error message I am missing the drivers. I searched high and low on Dells driver sight. I have no recollection of getting the Disk in my docking station package.

You can’t find a D/Port driver because there isn’t any such animal.  There’s not even a firmware upgrade for it.

The D/Port is nothing more than a pass-through point for the system’s own devices; it has no devices of its own, unlike the D/Dock which can have its own NIC or video card.  If you’re getting missing-driver errors, then it’s the computer that’s griping one of its own drivers isn’t where it’s expected.

As a starting point for sorting out your error messages I’d recommend reinstalling (in this order, that’s important) the Notebook System Software (R154270.EXE), chipset software (R114079.EXE), and Alps GlidePoint touchpad driver (R113813.EXE). Be sure to reboot any time it asks you to do so; else, the driver can't write essential info about itself into the Registry.
No Events found!