Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2017 08:00

New Inspiron Gaming Laptop- Vertical Lines When Powered On

I recently purchased an Inspiron Gaming Series Dell laptop and since yesterday when I open it/turn on the power button the screen displays green/white vertical triangle lines (can provide an image). It DOES NOT display the Dell logo at all and doesn't even give me the opportunity to sign in, it just stays stuck on the screen. 

This laptop is fairly new, purchased back in August, so it should still be under warranty, but it worries me that it is having issues when it is still fairly new. What could be the cause of it? Any way I can fix it? 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 1st, 2017 10:00

"It DOES NOT display the Dell logo at all and doesn't even give me the opportunity to sign in, it just stays stuck on the screen ". 

The vertical lines appears to be cause by a outdating / corrupt video driver. Since you aren't able to boot into windows to update the BIOS, Chipset and Video driver, I'd suggest checking warranty status by entering  the service tag number onto the link below.

Warranty Status | Dell US

After checking warranty status, I suggest you create a support request in the link below;

How to Create a Support Request Online? | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If the vertical lines still appears after the BIOS update:

I suggest installing the latest Chipset and Video drivers in correct order or one by one.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

EDIT:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest updating the System Setup(BIOS). Please following the instructions in the video below to safety installed latest BIOS version.

No Events found!