Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2013 20:00

No Media Player on my Dell Laptop

What media player works best on my new Dell Laptop?  I was really surprised that it didn't come with my new laptop,

harry

7 Posts

Sorry. I didn't explain myself very good.  What I am looking for is a way to play DVD's on my laptop.  I just found out that my Windows 8 laptop does not include a media player to play DVD's or I just can't find it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

Hello. If Windows was pre-installed on your laptop then you should have Windows Media Player.

1 Message

June 17th, 2013 00:00

What model is your dell laptop. there are some models that do not include a dvd ROM. If that is the case then you can use a external dvd ROM that you can connect with usb on your laptop.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 17th, 2013 04:00

Harry, Dell usually includes a version of CyberLink PowerDVD, so paste or type that into the Win8 search box.

If you do not have that program then I suggest that you post on the What Do I Buy discussion board and ask what player is on your model. They are supposed to know the details of what is included in the various models. Be sure to include your full model name as Chris Costa suggested.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 17th, 2013 06:00

Did you search for Cyberlink? I just looked at your model on the Dell sales site and it includes Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials DVD.

7 Posts

June 17th, 2013 06:00

I have a Dell Touch 5421 which includes a DVD player.   It works for my cd's but not my dvd's.  I get this message

-"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program.......

7 Posts

June 17th, 2013 08:00

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jim.  I found Cyberlink and activated it and now I can watch dvd's.   I placed a shortcut on my desktop since unlike Windows Media Player it does not automatically come on the screen when u put in a dvd.

Now I am wondering what other software is on my laptop that I need to activate.  

Also, I have the hardest time getting my dvd drive to open.  I get so frustrated and finally give up and use My Computer to eject.

No Events found!