Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

5 Posts

October 7th, 2008 19:00

No sound from Bluetooth headset

I have a Dell XPS M1330 and my computer does recognize my bluetooh headset (Motorola HT820) but there is no sound coming out of the headset. I can control the play/pause, skip forward and backward and even connect to my Blackberry and talk but cannot get audio from player. I have installed widcomm 6.0.1.3100 and still does not work. I am at a total loss. The headsets do work with the cord plugged into the computer and the headset will do an audio test from the sounds control panel.

3.6K Posts

When you open bluetooth control panel,is the headset listed under devices?....

5 Posts

Yes, is is listed under devices. Under the audio tab is also lists Bluetooth Hands Free Audio (haedset) and Bluetooth Stereo Audio (headphones). I primarily what I want to use them for is listening to my music through the computer.

3.6K Posts

October 7th, 2008 20:00

Is streaming audio listed?...

I just checked mine,i use a plantronics PLT 510,and streaming audio is also listed.If you do not see this windows might not have detected it.

October 8th, 2008 00:00

On my Dell headsets, I need to disable the hands-free driver and make sure that the headsets are in headphone mode (as opposed to hands-free).  When connected properly, I'm able to hear the test tones (right click on driver), but I also need to close and reopen most audio apps after connecting them; otherwise, I'll be able to get the test tones but no sound from the apps.  (This may seem obvious but it took me a while to get a hang of this one and I was going crazy.)

HTH,

-T

5 Posts

October 8th, 2008 05:00

I have the hands free disconnected and stereo audio connected and can hear the test sounds but still no audion from media player. I am about ready to toss them in the trash unless motorola can come up with a solution.

October 8th, 2008 22:00

If you can hear the test tones, they work, you just need to move on to the next troubleshooting step, your apps.  (Getting the Dell headsets to work tool some tinkering too.) 

Did you try closing your apps, making sure your headsets were connected, and then starting your apps?  Do your apps have any default audio setting?  When you play your apps, do you not get any sound at all (i.e., not from your built-in speakers)?  Mute is off?  Volume is up?  I know these things may seem obvious, but it is easy to get conflicts when your at your wits end trying a bunch of different kinds of solutions.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2008 06:00

I get sound from the computer speakers and  I use windows media player to play music. Still cannot get sound in the headsets and motorolas customer support is useless.

25 Posts

October 9th, 2008 08:00

To be able to listen to music through your bt headset you should first connect the headset to your pc, connect the audio service you want, open playback devices from the system tray sound icon and choose your bt service as default (don't worry if you disconnect your headphones it goes back to your soundcard), and then start media player or whatever is going to play the music. Similarly, when you're done, close media player and then switch off your headphones.

Usually bt headsets have a feature, "connect to last device" which means if you turn them on, and then press something like the multifunction button it reconnects to the last service automatically so you don't have to repeat the process. Check your headsets documentation about this feature.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2008 20:00

YEAH!!!;-)  Finally got them working. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions!! I had to make the headset as the default for sound. I was trying to do this while media player was playing music and could not understand why the settings were not changing (duh). The work great now, once again, thank for all the tips. As it was said to me, you miss the simple stuff when you are frustrated and at you're wits end.  THANKS!!
No Events found!