Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

August 11th, 2015 22:00

No volume icon in taskbar since Windows 10

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7720.  Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can adjust the volume using the function keys,  but not with a mouse as there is no speaker icon in the taskbar. 

I have gone through the 'customise notifications area'  options, and the volume option is enabled under "turn system icons on or off'.  Still, there is no speaker icon showing in the task bar.

August 12th, 2015 06:00

The volume icon has returned for me.  Is there no way to delete a thread here?

But while I'm here....  I'm still having problems with audio not being as loud.  Max volume seems half as loud as it used to be.  Anyone have any ideas?

121 Posts

August 18th, 2015 18:00

Hi have you tried the volume mixer?

2 Posts

March 26th, 2016 17:00

The same thing has been happening to me intermittently.  I like the original windows sound control available from its icon but Dell seems to have its own, which _to me_ doesn't seem to be nearly as good.  I'm having HDMIsound  issues now when I plug my laptop to my PC.  Didn't have them before, don't know why ...

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 28th, 2016 06:00

I'm having HDMIsound  issues now when I plug my laptop to my PC. 

Hello. See the HDMI Audio FAQ for our tips on HDMI audio, but we don't have any tips specifically about plugging a laptop into a PC.

I don't know about the intermittent volume control problem. It seems to be one of many many audio issues related to Win10, if that is your OS.

No Events found!