Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 2nd, 2009 15:00

Please help. I need to update the sm bus controller driver for inspiron 1545... Where is it?

I would love to know where I could find the driver for the sm bus controller driver for an inspiron 1545 running windows vista 32 bit.....

The device manager cannot find it on its own and I am really having a hard time finding it in the list of drivers for my computer listed on the support website.

Thanks a bunch\... in advance.

Natalie

14.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2009 15:00

The SM bus controller is part of the Chipset driver go HERE to download and install the Chipset.

Normally one does not need to do this unless one reinstalls the OS. If this is indeed the case then you might want to look HERE on info on how to reload system software and drivers after an install

September 2nd, 2009 18:00

Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it as Beast Buy left me in a bind  with their faulty products!! THANKS!!

September 15th, 2011 16:00

Try this go to --- Intel Driver Update Utility---  click on (check your system for the latest updates) button this will download an application that will help you solving your problem just follow the instructions. Good Luck!!

Willmundo

14.4K Posts

September 15th, 2011 17:00

you do realize you responded to a 2 yr old thread. That is solved..

3 Posts

February 18th, 2012 05:00

I have the same trouble after reinstalling vista and the newest drivers on the dell page has been temp out service for a week that i know of and phone support is happy to help for $150.00 and up, Isn't that nice of them

I am glad I have a dell, hp support is to easy to use and has no charge if not for dell i would never get screw!

No Events found!