Highlighted
shibakid
Copper

Problem with Base system device - PCI bus 1, device 1, function 3 on Latitude D400

Everytime I logon to my Latitude D400, the system is finding new hardware:
Base System device 

When trying to install the driver, he doesn't find it.
Can anyone help me out here ?

What's the PCI bus 1, device 1, function 3 device ? What driver does it use ?
Also, when looking at the properties, I got:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

The hardware ID's are:
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8204&SUBSYS_01391028&REV_00
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8204&SUBSYS_01391028
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8204&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8204&CC_0880
Please help!
Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
4 Replies
shibakid
Copper

Re: Problem with Base system device - PCI bus 1, device 1, function 3 on Latitude D400

Found the problem. I identified - in the registery - the base system device as being the "TI UltraMedia Firmware loader device".

Reloaded the TI driver and then the Dell driver set.

Now everything works.

0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Base system device - PCI bus 1, device 1, function 3 on Latitude D400

My computer is not Dell, but Man IndifferentI have encountered the same problem. (Toshiba Satellite 2410, in Windows XP system)

My computer find an unknow device as base system device, and I can't find the driver about it.

I don't know how to fix the Registry Editor.

So can you do me a favor, step by step. Thank you for your help. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
shibakid
Copper

I've found the description of the device through the use of a program: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

When you know this, then you can look for a driver via http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1066/
Good luck,
F.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy
0 Kudos