Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2012 22:00

Recovery Dell studio 1458 but not found "Dell factory image restore" in menu choice :((

When i want to recovery laptop dell studio 1458 (Windows 7 home) i not showed option "Dell factory image restore" on menu choices. I haven't dell recovery disk. How do I do??? Thank you

4.4K Posts

March 31st, 2012 04:00

Hi hakobi,

Welcome to the Community,

On Studio and few other models you don't have an option which says"Dell factory image retstore" rather you should see an option which says Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options.

If you are trying to restore your system to the factory settings,for help use the link below:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.

11 Posts

March 31st, 2012 09:00

Many thanks Roshan. But  i don't show 

• Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe option
after do follow page :. 
< ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Do you have another way for me? Thank you

Hakobi

4.4K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 00:00

Hi Hakobi,

If you don't see that option,only way out is to use the back up cds to manually reinstall windows.I believe you don't have the back up cds. Do you have the Windows 7 dvd ?

If you don't have the back up cds you can order them online using the link below:( For US customers only )

support.dell.com/.../backupcd_form

Let me know if you need more help,

Thank You

Roshan

11 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 08:00

Thanks Roshan

Yes. I really want to have back up cds to reinstall windows and I have another dvd windows 7 but i don't want to install another windows for my laptop.

I came from Viet Nam. Could i order back up dvd for reinstall windows? Or could you please give me a link for download dvd back up?

Thank you

Hakobi

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 11:00

Hakobi,

Can you try to make the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create

If they can be made, after you backup all your files and folders, Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 should work, since Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings is not working

If you live in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

4.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi hakobi,

Did you manage to create the back up disks ? If the other Windows 7 disk which you have is genuine copy and if you have the product key to activate it,you can use that Windows 7 disk to reinstall and later download the drivers from www.support.dell.com.

Thank You

Roshan.

4.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2012 09:00

Hi hakobi,

Using Command Prompt you can restore the system to the factory settings only if the the recovery partion ( which has the back up image) is not damaged.

Once you are in command prompt type the following commands:

Type d:\windows;d:\windows\system32 and press

Type d: and press

Type cd tools and press key

Type PCRestore and press the key and Dell Factory Image Restore window will appear.

Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.

Thank You

Roshan.

11 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 09:00

Many thanks Roshan & PudgyOne

Now i'm using the other windows within 30days. I really want to use backup partition for reinstall my window. I see a few way to backup windows with backup partition as: Using a install windows 7 disk  go to Repair windows->Repairs with CMD. By the way using commant to back up with Imagex in C:\Tool\Imagex.exe (C is backup partition)but i didn't see  tools folder. Could you please show me a way using cmd for back up windows with back up partitipon?

Thank you

Hakobi

11 Posts

April 7th, 2012 07:00

Thanks Roshan

A long time for reply because i'm busy. But the backup "D drive" not have folder "tools".  So i couldn't do follow your guide.

11 Posts

April 7th, 2012 10:00

Thanks Roshan

I have just recovered my laptop. What a nice windows! But I have checked antivirus software Mcafee on my laptop. I saw the expiration date is 04/06/2011 but i still can use it. I could update, scan virus on my computer? So i can using this antivirus forever that don't need buy?

4.4K Posts

April 9th, 2012 02:00

Glad you got the Windows restored.About the McAfee if your subscription is still active it should not be showing  expiration date is 04/06/2011.I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it either using the Cd you may have for McAfee or login in to to McAfee online account.

Thank You

Roshan

No Events found!