Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2013 14:00

Region Unavailable and can't access to Download Drivers

Last year I bought a Dell XPS 14Z From Bangladesh....

I have to create an account i had to give my region as United States coz Bangladesh isn't there....

and unfortunately the writings on the sticker of tag number became pretty much or less blurry...so i can't even get my tag number...when i have tried the site says tag detect failed....

so i can,t download any driver software...

what should I do...?

1.8K Posts

March 4th, 2013 16:00

Hi mmuhibi,

You may access the service tag of your computer from the system BIOS by following the steps below:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as you see the Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F2’ key on top of the keyboard.
  • If you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.
  • After this a new window would appear. You can only use the arrow keys of the keyboard to navigate between the options as the mouse is not functional in this mode.
  • Under Main tab, you would be able to find the service tag of computer. As an example image is shown below.

(click on image for enlarged view)

Alternatively, you may also select the system model on support website and then download the appropriate drivers for your computer. You may download the drivers for your computer from the link: http://dell.to/YKjd4s 

Please reply in case you have any further questions. 

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi mmuhibi,

Thank you for the reply. If the ‘Register System’ button disappears after you click on it, there might be an issue with the ‘Java’ on the system. Please visit www.java.com and please click on ‘Do I have Java?’. Running this wizard will check the current version of Java and give you an update/download option if required. You can also try using a different browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.

Alternatively, to install the software on your computer, you can visit the direct links below:  

• Stage Framework: ftp://ftp.dell.com/secure//FOLDER00356095M/4/Stage_R4_ZPE.exe
  • Photostage:  ftp://ftp.dell.com/secure//FOLDER00350075M/4/photostage_r4_zpe.exe
  • Music stage: ftp://ftp.dell.com/secure//FOLDER00356109M/4/musicstage_r4_zpe.exe
  • Video Stage: ftp://ftp.dell.com/secure//FOLDER00356113M/4/videostage_r4_zpe.exe
  • Webcam Central:  http://dell.to/SZiyuN 

Copy and paste the above links in address bar and hit Enter.

Hope this helps. Please revert for any further information.

2 Posts

March 6th, 2013 11:00

Thanks for the help....

got most of the things i needed....

but still i am unable to go to  3rd party licensed softwares page....

though i don't have region as bangladesh i had to put on any other country... and i tried to register the system with united states as the region.... but after i click on 'register system' the button disappears and nothing more happens on that page....

how can i get softwares like dell photo stage, dell music stage, dell webcam central etc....?

No Events found!