Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 8th, 2017 03:00

Reset or Re-flashing BIOS Dell latitude E6230 - BIOS Corrupted will not POST

I am look for a last ditch help on fixing the BIOS/POST problem on a perfectly fine E6230

I was attempting to make a powered eSATA cable work when I enabled the SATA 4 and SATA 5 button in the BIOS.

After reboot... nothing..

I have been told it is a motherboard failure but this is too co-incidental!

I have tried a reset of the BIOS by disconnecting all power even the BIOS Coin battery .... nothing - no POST - although the LED shows that laptop is detecting lack of memory and HDD

A search shows that for INSPIRON laptops the BIOS can be unpacked and re-FLASHED to reset.

Does anyone know how to achieve this with the DELL Latitude Laptop or another way to reset the BIOS setting please?

Many thanks for any help or advice

• 

16.7K Posts

December 8th, 2017 04:00

Bishop2,

You can click the link below for steps to resolve a corrupted bios.

BIOS Recovery options on a Dell PC or Tablet

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2017 04:00

The only way to re-flash is if the system will get to the point where it powers up -- if it doesn't get that far (which is how you've made it sound), the board is dead and it's unlikely a BIOS problem - more likely, you fried something on the mainboard.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2017 05:00

There is no BIOS recovery tool for this model - if you've tried the FAT32 flash drive to no effect, it's time to replace the mainboard.

16 Posts

December 8th, 2017 05:00

Thanks for the link.

The E6230 is too old to have the BIOS recovery on the hard drive.

I did the Esc+Ctrl and power on and nothing happens.

The video mentions downloading the BIOS Recovery tool ... however my laptop is out of contract.

Can you supply a link to where this can be downloaded please.

I have the BIOS file and changed the name as instructed - loaded it onto a Fat32 formatted USB and tried to flash it but without the BIOS Recovery Tool nothing happens

No Events found!