Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

October 30th, 2005 01:00

Restore Original Factory Settings

This is my first post, hope I am correct. I bought my Inspiron 6000 without a restore disk. I cannot find the Dell directory or icon. I cannot access the operations manual.

I want to restore my computer to its original factory setting. How can I do it? How can I access Dell directory, I might have erased it unintentionally. Is there a way to still get a restore CD? Please help. Thanks

1.8K Posts

October 30th, 2005 02:00

lgoyak

If your I 6000 was shipped from Dell to you after 7/15/2004, then you have the Restore partition installed on your hard drive. This application when activated restores your system to it's factory settings. See the following link for instructions:

2 Posts

October 30th, 2005 15:00

I have a similiar issue with another model.  I have an Inspirion 1100 that I purchased in Dec '03.  Is there a way to restore factory defaults on it?  I have had my wife using it and she has downloaded a number of programs that slow it down.  I do not have a restore disc that I know of.  There is one that re-installs windows, but I am not sure if that will remove everything or not.

1.8K Posts

October 30th, 2005 16:00

BGarner2

My guess would be that particular computer would not have the restore partition on it's hard drive. If you received a Windows reinstallation CD with your computer from Dell, than that would be how you reconfigure your OS. Also, I don't think that it will install all the programs and drivers that were installed from the factory. This would be a basic install of the operating system and you would most likely have to update it via the website...

As long as you refomat the operating system partition using the reinstallation CD, it will delete all of the current files from the hard drive.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2006 12:00

I am also trying to restore my inspiron 1100 to original factory, but I'm not seeing an option to reformat when I use the reinstallation cd.  I'm only getting the option to install a fresh version or repair the version already installed.  I've been struggling with this for weeks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2.2K Posts

February 18th, 2006 14:00

Look for the option to delete existing partitions, delete the partition used as the C: drive, then recreate partition(s) from that unused space and format as required. See Denny's guide and the links.

The Dell software reinstall guides applicable to your system are available through the "Notebooks" or "Desktops" tabs at the top of these pages.

GM

2 Posts

February 19th, 2006 10:00

Thank you so much.  It seems so simple now.  I don't know why I was missing the step before, I just couldn't see it.

Thank you!

1 Message

March 6th, 2006 02:00

I bought a inspiron 1100 from a friend and i dont have the system restore cd or os restore, now a have a lot of spyware and i want to restore my computer to the "as mail from the factory" condition but i dont know what to do? can somebody help me?

11.9K Posts

March 6th, 2006 09:00

@Juanr007 wrote:
I bought a inspiron 1100 from a friend and i dont have the system restore cd or os restore, now a have a lot of spyware and i want to restore my computer to the "as mail from the factory" condition but i dont know what to do? can somebody help me?

Using the Advanced Forum Search on the bottom of this page, you can quite easily find the answer to this often asked question.

You don't have system restore CDs since no such thing exists.  Your option is to reboot and hit CTRL F11 to use Dell PC Restore by Symantec, or transfer the warranty and then ask Dell for a set of CDs.  The 2nd option will not make it "as shipped", but it may be your only choice.

1 Message

September 19th, 2007 22:00

this is my first time on this website so i hope i am doing it right. i have got a dell dimension 1100 and i really need to restore my computer as it is very slow and full of junk. i never got a restore disk when i purchased my computer so could you please tell me how i can do this?? thankyou
No Events found!