Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

July 20th, 2008 17:00

SD Media Card Reader and Ethernet failed on Inspiron 6000

Dell Inspirion 6000 with Windows XP Media Center, SP 3.

The built-in SD card reader and the Ethernet port have simply stopped working. The SD card no longer appears as a drive in Explorer ("My Computer").  I looked in Device Manager:

- The Ethernet Controller shows with a exclamation point, and says "This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but the Wizard tells me it "Cannot find the necessary hardware".

- I see something called "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller".   I don't know if that's the driver for the SD card or some sort of support for the SD card, but it's the only thing in the Device Manager that says "SD card". It shows as working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I went to the Dell Support page to look for any SD drivers, but there's nothing on the list that says "Media Card Reader drivers" or anything like that. What should I be looking for?

I did install the latest chipset driver.

I tried running SFC /SCANNOW, but it asked me to insert the installation disk, and I don't beleive the laptop came with one. Isn't there a way to access the files from the hard drive?

3.6K Posts

July 21st, 2008 00:00

The SD card driver is the Ricoh driver,it is listed under chipset on the driver page.

3 Posts

July 21st, 2008 03:00

Actually, there is no Ricoh driver listed for the Inspiron 6000
No Events found!