Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2017 15:00

SOLVED: Dell Inspiron 15 Camera Issues

Hey all,

I had been battling with the camera on my new Dell Inspiron 15. 

Originally I thought that it was not functioning at all. Then I discovered that it was simply not adjusting for light. If you are not sure, turn your webcam on and shine a light into it. If we are experiencing the same issue, you should be able to see nothing but the light you are shining into the camrea. I tried deleting the drivers then reinstalling them again. That worked for a while, but was not a permanent fix. 

Recently I decided to try some unorthodoxed changes. 

My Camera uses two different drivers: one is Realsense RGB and Realsense Depth. I'm not genius, but I'm assuming RGB is normal vid and Depth is for the 3D scanning feature.

MY SOLUTION:

I disabled the depth driver. It has only been a day, but camera has been wokring in all applications. Since I never use the 3d scan tool, I'm not missing anything at all.

To disable it follow these steps

On windows 10:

Start > in the search bar search for device manager > open device manager > imaging devices 

Now you want to right click  on the driver labeled " Intel (R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth) and choose Disable. The computer will prompt you to restart. Do it. 

When the system boots up again, try using your webcam in some apps! My main apps are Skype and the Dell webcam central. 

Hope this solutions works for some of you out there!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2017 16:00

No Events found!