Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

9 Posts

February 21st, 2007 21:00

Screen does not turn off when I close the lid on my Inspiron 8600

I have a Inspiron 8600 laptop.  I just upgraded from Win XP Pro to Vista Ultimate a few days ago.  In the past, when I close the lid, the screen will shut off, but after the Vista upgrade, it no longer shut off the screeen when I close the lid.  Is there a setting to configure that?  The only 'close lid' setting that I can find is whether it'll go to sleep, hibernate, or nothing.  I currently have that set to 'nothing', just like when I was on Win XP Pro, because I don't want the system to go to sleep or hibernate.  What am I missing?  Thanks for the help!

623 Posts

February 21st, 2007 23:00

Go to your power options in system and click on advance. What do you have the down arrow telling it to do when you close the lid?

1 Message

February 27th, 2008 03:00

I am in the same boat.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Forcing new drivers, which in my experience has just made things worse, and even palying with the regstry to no avail!  I'm curious, what video card have you got?  I've got the GeForce FX Go5200 64MB.  I wonder if this problem is specific to this card?  If so the solution might be to give up and upgrade the card... Is anyone else having this problem with a different card?  And of course if anyone has heard of a solution... PLEASE... I'm all ears.

No Events found!