Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

May 31st, 2005 22:00

Scrollbars on touchpad - not working?

Just got an inspiron 9300, and I haven't been able to make the dedicated virtual "scrollbar" areas of my touchpad actually do any scrolling.  You know - the little strips at the right side and the bottom that are supposed to handle vertical or horizontal scrolling?

Furthermore, I can't figure out where in the software or drivers I would go to turn this feature on or off.

Any help would be much appreciated: I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious.  Thanks,

Chris

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2005 16:00

Hi - I have the ALPS touchpad (which everyone seems to hate).  I am having some more problems with it too:

1) Unlike my previous touchpads, when i am dragging something to the edge of the screen and my finger gets to the edge of the touchpad, the computer will not continue moving the cursor in the direction I had been moving

2) sometimes when surfing the touchpad seems to go into "scroll mode" and will start affecting the scrollbars.  I haven't found any rhyme or reason to this yet.

Can someone explain to me how to use this darn thing, and how to enable the edge scroll functions?

22 Posts

July 12th, 2005 14:00

If you double click on the systray touchpad icon, or go to Control Panel - Mouse, the mouse setting screen will pop up. You can turn on scrolling in the Gestures tab. The inertial movement feature can be configured in the Area Switch tab - just uncheck Enable only when dragging.

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 13:00

Just got a new Lattitude E6400.  The scrolling feature does not work nor is there any "gesture" tab or box in the Control Panel - Mouse setting screen. How do I enable this feature???

4.4K Posts

July 20th, 2013 15:00

You have dug up a thread that is 8 years old.  I would have suggested to start your own thread but since you are here:

Based on your description that the "gesture tab" is not available, I would suggest going to the download section and download the touchpad driver for your system.  That will

4.4K Posts

July 20th, 2013 15:00

No Events found!