Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2009 20:00

Service Tag not recognised

Hello there.

I have a new  Mini 10.  I've entered the serivce tag and I get the message service tag is not valid.

I have used the find my service tag tool and cut and past from the response.  It's the same as the one on the back of the laptop.

I cannot get any email dell support with out a valid service tag.

Any suggestions on proceeding?

I require personal assistance with using a bluetooth headset with skype application and none of the forums or manuals seem to cover what I'm trying to do.

122 Posts

August 24th, 2009 21:00

hello pedalpusher3051 my name is hunter. I have a dell xps 420 i also had the same problem when i first bought my system. One question i have for you is have you had it hooked up to the internet?

12 Posts

September 10th, 2009 08:00

I bought mine over a month ago now. And still, the service tag is not valid. I mailed them, and they called me. They said they had my service tag registered, but it's still not valid for some reasons I don't understand.

Just keep bugging them!

1 Message

September 10th, 2009 08:00

I think the Service tag can take 7-10 days to get logged into the Dell systems. I say 'i think' as that is what I have been told but it's been 10 days since I purchased mine and still nothing.

I called Dell's support line but without a Service Tag they can't create a call for me to follow progress, or even get back to me to inform me when it has been completed. They didn't even know about the lag in the Tag being registered. I had to try registering for Win7 and be informed by the inpage validation... Pretty sloppy considering that the instructions packaged with the system tell you to go online immediately and check for driver updates etc...

If anyone from Dell is reading this could you respond, or request the docs shipped with the systems gets updated accordingly?

12 Posts

September 11th, 2009 08:00

Post a complain on 'Unresolved Technical Support Issues' and finally got my service tag valid.

Here's the link: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/dellcare/en/outstanding_issues_tech?c=uk&l=en&s=gen

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

1 Message

November 3rd, 2009 15:00

I am having the same problem and since I could not access support online, I called Dell support and sure enough they were not able to pull up my service tag or my express service code but the computer was found under my order number (luckily I had saved my order #). I was transferred to the hardward department. I followed the previous CSR recommendation and asked them to please pull up my order number and associate it with my Service Tag # so that it would be valid in the future.

29 Posts

November 10th, 2009 16:00

I have the same problem with a dell 1545 I bought at Staples. Its been 10 days of constant calls emails and escalations, and still the service tag is not valid. I think they really don't know how to cope with selling anyway but direct. Next time, I'll consider another brand with less irritating support.

11 Posts

November 11th, 2009 18:00

Same problem.  Fighting with support, customer service, etc. for 2 weeks!  What bullspit!

No Events found!