Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2013 09:00

Startup repair is checking your system for problems!

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525.Yesterday it worked perfectly but today, I wanted to watch a movie and it wouldn't start.After the windows started, the "Startup repair is checking your system for problems" appeared and it doesn't stop, it ran for about 3 hour and nothing.

At first I thought it was just a glitch and I tried to reboot it but with no luck.The problem is that I can't acces the Boot menu (F8) and I don't know what to do, I tried many times and nothing.For more information just ask and I'll give it to you gladly. IF there is another way to acces the STICK or DVD with windows so I can install it , please, share it with me.Thank you in advance. 

" target="_blank">

5 Posts

June 28th, 2013 10:00

I have already done the Dell diagnostics but how do I run the extended hard drive test?

By the way, it passed the diagnostics, nothing's wrong...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Looks like a hard drive failure.   Press F12  a few times at powerup and boot to the Dell diagnostics.  Run an extended hard drive test.

5 Posts

The Problem is that I don't use my battery because it doesn't work, it doesn't charge .I need to change it so , the second I unplug the charging cable it shuts down immideatly.I did the two tests and it passed, nothing's wrong.Please, tell me what can we do next?Thank you forr supporting.

1.5K Posts

Hi LqManik,

Please share the operating system installed. As you have mentioned that it has passed the diagnostics, it is possible that it can be a issue caused by Windows corruption or drivers conflict. Please try releasing the residual charge. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter. Try to restart the computer and check functionality.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run extended test on the hard drive:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Once the initial test finish click Yes to continue running the extended test.
  • Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

If the tests pass, then we might need to reinstall the Windows on the system as F8 menu is inaccessible. Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to help.

5 Posts

When the first step of the diagnostics finished, it asked me if I want to continue the full etc and it was about "memory". I'll tell you more because I tried it again and now it's loading.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Once the diagnostics have run, boot to the full 32-bit diagnostics and run the extended test from there.  This will take a couple of hours to do.

5 Posts

June 28th, 2013 11:00

Sorry for double post, I don't know how to edit my previous one but I took a picture before I proceeded to the next step:

That's what you guys are talking about? Or am I doing something wrong?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You told me to press on "Diagnostic"  and I did exactly as you asked , it took about 30 minutes, not a few hours.These are the options I got when I pressed F12: 

1.5K Posts

July 1st, 2013 15:00

Hi LqManik,

Yes, this is the screen from where you can initiate the Diagnostics. Also, please share the operating system installed. If the extended test on the hard drive pass, you'll need to reinstall the Windows on the system for which you will need the Windows re-installation media. Please share if you have Windows re-installation disks with you or not. This may lead to complete data loss.

Please reply with the information.

No Events found!