Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2011 03:00

Tiny White Insects Crawling on my laptop

Hi,

I'm using a Dell Studio 15 laptop. A couple of days back i saw some very tiny white insects crawling on the screen of my laptop. I dusted them off the screen. When I woke up the next morning I saw rashes and bites on my body. I went to the doctor along with a sample of the insect. Doctor said that the insect has caused the bites and rashes. I'm still having problems with the same and undergoing medication. Doctor was not sure how to get rid of these insects from the laptop. They are still there and doctor says they might have laid eggs inside the laptop.

Please guide me as to how to clean up my laptop. Somewhere I had read someone suggesting to keep it in the freezer. Is it a good idea?

Kind Regards,

Sumesh

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 26th, 2011 08:00

You could try using the hose from a vacuum cleaner. This may be sufficient enough to *** the eggs etc out from the vents, and holes of the laptop. Then to clean the outside with a slightly damp cloth (baby wipes are great) and maybe a tiny bit of disinfectant.

Also here is the service manual 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

should you wish to deassemble the computer, clean it out and reassemble it. If you are getting rashes wear rubber gloves when taking it apart. You will need a small cross head screwdriver and maybe also a small flathead one. Don't use the vacuum cleaner when it is apart, instead people recommend using a can of compressed air. These can be purchased in computer stores.

I am not too sure if you can use an insecticide spray as it is very similar to compressed air. I would use it for sure on the plastics then wipe them clean, but be vary of using it on the circuit board.

You're the first person I have seen to complain about living computer bugs.

3 Posts

June 28th, 2011 03:00

Thank you very much!!!

No Events found!