Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

July 30th, 2008 19:00

Touch Volume Controls Not Working on Studio 1735

I just set up a brand new out of the box Studio 1735, and already having an issue. It seems that the touch sensitive controls at the top of the keyboard all work except the volume up/down. Down works occasionally but up isn't working at all. I press my finger down on it, tap it, slide across it, nothing. I can turn the volume up and down manually through the volume control, but not with the touch button.

Please help as this is very annoying and dissapointing on a brand new system.

28 Posts

July 31st, 2008 03:00

i hope u get help from someone... i got a Studio 1535, also brand new, that has an issue... the sound just stops working, asked for a replacement, the replacement has the same issue... with the 1st one it took the technical support team a week connecting to the system to see what is wrong, no answer... i wonder what they will tell me tomorrow and i will call them again and tell them that they will receive both systems back and that i want a refund!!!

but anyway, just wanted u to know that u are not the only one facing problems with brand new products from Dell, that they are very proud of!

6 Posts

July 31st, 2008 08:00

I got a 1735 that is about a week old, I currently have both problems.  I reinstalled with Windows Ultimate and all of my touch buttons do not work, and my sound has never worked from the start.  Really disapointing to hear technical support could not help, otherwise love the laptop, and would hate to see it have to be returned!

Keep me posted guys, as I will you!

Zeegar

July 31st, 2008 09:00

Hmm I haven't noticed anything with the sound, yet. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

6 Posts

July 31st, 2008 14:00

Could I ask you, what driver you are using for your sound chip.  I'm serious the sound has not worked on mine since the day I received it, I just have not had a chance to call Dell yet about it. I currently have the IDT driver installed, and it say there are no problems. Also do you know what driver gets the touch buttons at the top working? (Volume, eject...etc)

Would be a great help!

Thanks In Advance!

Zeegar

28 Posts

August 1st, 2008 14:00

my laptop works fine now, i have the IDT sound driver also, my sound problem was caused by a conflict between yahoo messenger 8.1 and Vista

August 1st, 2008 14:00

We have yet to have any issues with the actual sounds, its just the touch sensitive volume up and down button that's driving me nuts.

6 Posts

August 1st, 2008 15:00

Thanks for the heads up about Messenger! I will check if it is running and disable it, or even uninstall it, since I never use it!

Again thanks!

Zeegar

28 Posts

August 1st, 2008 22:00

i now use yahoo messenger for vista BETA version and the sound works fine

2 Posts

August 16th, 2008 16:00

My sound bottons would not work and when I went into the control panal -sound-and then checked the level on my speakers there was a little button that showed the speaker crossed out.  (like a no smoking sign but a no speaker) After I clicked on that my buttons worked....

August 17th, 2008 00:00

That just meant the sound was mute. The buttons function, just not very well especially the volume up. You have to play with it for a long time before it reacts.

8 Posts

November 9th, 2008 03:00

Is the problem solved or not? I have the same problem. Multimedia touchpad dosn't work at all. Is ther a solution?

23 Posts

November 9th, 2008 07:00

So, I had the same problem as you.  As soon as I bought the Studio 1735, the increase sound touch button did not work.  Very very rarely, when I tapped it, it worked.  At first I thought that I got a difective laptop but then I tried to update all the drivers that where available with my service tag on the Dell website and fortunately there was an update that did the work (do not know the name).

Now when I tap the increase volume botton, it works fine.

Also, with regards to the sound noice, you could try the following steps:
1. Go to: Start –> Control Panel –> Device Manager.
2. Click the plus (+) sign next to “Network Adapters“.
3. Right-click on your wireless adapter and select “Properties“.
4. Go to the “Advanced” tab.
5. Select “Disable Bands“.
6. Pull down “Disable 802.11a“.
7. Click “Apply

These steps should allow you to actually listen to music without any distortion.  Worked for me.

8 Posts

November 10th, 2008 16:00

Lucky you,

On my laptop don’t work touch sensitive controls. All of them, don’t work. I just don’t now how they work. What happening when you press the left sensitive control button?

How i can set them?

Did you, or anyone, now how to set this buttons?

Thnks

On mi laptop don’t working wi-fi, BT and HDD led on the right side of the keyboard.

8 Posts

Normal 0 false false false

Lucky you,

On my laptop don’t work touch sensitive controls. All of them, don’t work. I just don’t now how they work. What happening when you press the left sensitive control button?

How i can set them?

On mi laptop don’t working wi-fi, BT and HDD led on the right side of the keyboard.

8 Posts

Lucky you,

How i can set them?

Thnks

No Events found!