Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2016 16:00

Touchpad and keyboard don't disable while in Tablet Mode- Dell inspirion 11.

Hello. As mentiond in the subject line, when i flip the computer and use it as a tablet, the mouse and the keyboard still work, and it is very annoying. I looked up possible solutions and saw that the problem is usually in the quickset and drivers. I tried installing and reinstalling these, but it still doesn't work. I also rebooted the windows (windows 10) and no results. would like some help. Thanks.

370 Posts

May 25th, 2016 06:00

Hello Maximt,

My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting your post published. We are currently experiencing a high volume of posts.  

I understand that you were able to get some assistance from Ashwin on our Facebook team.  I am posting the solution below for anyone else who may be experiencing this issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Amy

*******SOLUTION********

Please download the I2C driver from our support site using the link http://del.ly/6184Bq3W8 

Follow the below instructions to install the I2C driver in the right order.
1) Uninstall Dell Quickset 
2) Uninstall Dell\Synaptics Touchpad driver
3) Reboot
4) Under "Device Manager->Mice and Other Pointing Devices", you should have just "PS/2 Compatible Mouse"
5) Open the folder where you contains the "I2C Controller" driver and install the same.
6) Device Manager->Mice should now have 2 entries including "HID-compliant mouse"
7) Install the Dell/Synaptics touchpad driver
8) Reboot
9) Install Dell Quickset

No Events found!