Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2012 03:00

Touchpad not responsive for a second after key is pressed

After I press any key on my keyboard the touchapd will become unresponsive for a second and not move. This is becoming really annoying and is stopping me from being able to play any of the games I want to. Does anyone know how to disable this? Thanks in advance

Also my laptop is a 15RSE Inspiron

3.8K Posts

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the Community. Does this happen only when playing games, or just while doing anything? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers? To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to pointing devices, right click on the touchpad driver, and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once removed click on the below link to download and install the touchpad driver, restart the computer once done.

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-se-7520

Try connecting an external mouse to check to see if that helps.

Thank you.

No this happens all the time whenever a key is pressed. Even now when I finish typing there is a noticeable delay until I can use the touchpad again. Though I will try to install the driver and hopefully that will help.

1 Message

September 9th, 2012 13:00

Hey, just wondering if this worked for you. Having the same issues with the trackpad and keyboard.

Cheers

September 9th, 2012 15:00

I uninstalled the driver completely. I now have no driver on the laptop yet it works fine now with no problems what so ever

October 25th, 2012 13:00

Hi there,

I am having this issue too. It is a stupid design by the programmers to prevent accidental input, but is more of a hinderance than it is a help. On my old Dell, there was an option to turn this option off, which I did immediately. The drivers were just updated and I was hoping they would have put this option in there, but they didn't. Since you work for Dell, is there any way you can put in a request to have the feature added? It really is an annoyance especiall for games, which is partially what I bought this computer for.

No Events found!