Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

January 19th, 2006 18:00

USB Controller Drivers for D600

I just finished installing all the drivers from the download page but my USB controller is still not installed. Is there a separate driver for the USB and where can I get it?

1.5K Posts

January 19th, 2006 23:00

It's Dell Notebook System Software.

I have just downloaded and installed the NEW Chipset & ALPS Drivers (worked fine).

The ALPS had been a bigger file than before, Chipset was less than half the size
of the previous version, but seems to work Ok.

However, the New DNSS file had jumped from previous 52MB down to 1295KB and now
it's back up to 7MB, an attempt to install just said "some disks were missing" :)

Perhaps you could try the previous version:

System Utilities: Dell Notebook System Software, Utility, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.3.11.0, A18
Release Date: 11/06/2005 {Click here to link}

copy from above:

Notebook System Software (NSS) is a utility that provides critical updates
and patches for your operating system. Install the NSS program to gain support
for Dell 3.5-inch USB floppy drives, Intel Pentium-M processors, CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD drives,
Infrared (IR) communications, and USB devices.

NSS is necessary for correct operation of your Dell portable computer, including the Dell D/Bay,
D/Dock, D/Port, and D/View family of docking devices. NSS automatically detects your computer
and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration.

Important Information
Notebook System Software is critical for the correct operation of USB devices, including the Dell D/Bay, D/Dock, D/Port, and D/View.

Fixes and Enhancements
Initial Release

Message Edited by Art on 01-19-2006 08:30 PM

4 Posts

January 21st, 2006 18:00

Installed the driver and it works fine. Thanks for the response and help.
No Events found!