Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 17:00

Unable to open Microsoft Word Starter 2010

I just bought a Dell N5110 (64 bit OS) 2 months ago, and I am unable to open Microsoft Word Starter 2010.  I was getting a message that the program needed to be repaired, so I did that in Control Panel, and it downloaded some files.  However, now when I try to open it up, I am getting another error message - "Microsoft Office has encountered a problem with licensing and will need to close.  If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall your product."  I never received any installation disks as the program came already installed on the laptop.  Anything I can do to get the program working?  Thanks.

4.4K Posts

May 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi funkyguitars,

Welcome to the Community,

You can try the solution given by Mary G in the post below:

en.community.dell.com/.../20084060.aspx

Let me know if it works.

Thank You

42 Posts

May 30th, 2012 17:00

Thanks Roshan, I gave that a shot, but still get the same licensing problem error message.  Any thing else I can try?

4.4K Posts

June 1st, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Private message me your system service tag number.I will check on this and see if there is anything else that can be done.To private message accept my friend request,click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

1 Message

August 27th, 2012 06:00

I too have this problem. Please may you help as i get this message everytime i try to open word.

MS office has encountered a problem with licensing and will need to close. If this problem persists, uninstall and reinstall your product.

Thank you Levi

42 Posts

August 27th, 2012 09:00

I did a factory reset, this fixed it, but it's kind of a scorched earth fix as it wipes the hard drive clean.

1 Message

November 1st, 2012 20:00

This is an unacceptable way to fix this.  Dell should be more supportive with this feature. I am having the same problem and this may be a deal breaker for me to buy a Dell again.

No Events found!