Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

2 Posts

November 7th, 2007 22:00

Video resolution Issues with Dell Latitude D620

Hi,
I've noticed my Dell D620s video installation is very weird.  I run in the maximum resolution of 1440*900.  The laptop contains an Nvidia Quatro NVS 110M

When ever I run any games or anything in a 1024*768 resolution, the game plays fine.  However, when I exit the game, the window screen stays at that resolution.  I go into the control panel display, it tells me the video driver is no longer valid.

To repair, I have to remove all monitors, uninstall the Dell driver, and reboot several times.  Usually on the 3rd time, it takes.  It's quite the pain in the rear.  I've used all of the versions of the Dell video drivers that were available, and still have the same issues.

Anyone have any ideas?  It's quite the pain when the fiance goes to play a game.

Thanks,
~Captain

1 Message

January 14th, 2008 12:00

Captain,

I'm also having the same issue with my D620.  I think I have it narrowed down to DirectX 9.0c.  I just reinstalled all of my OS (XP SP2) to resolve this issue and everything was great until I installed a game that required Direct X 9.  When I started playing the game (which uses 1024x768 resolution), I got the same error message you posted.  Does the game you are playing require Direct X?

If it's any help, I have a lot of success when I uninstall the video driver in Safe Mode and then reinstall in Normal Mode after reboot.  The video reinstall usually takes the first time and I avoid multiple restarts.

January 14th, 2008 14:00

Yes, it's any of the games that require Direct X. It's as if it somehow corrupts the video drivers.  Thanks for the safe mode uninstall tip.  I'll give it a try next time.

Funniest part is, I've seen nothing on this anywhere else.  I'm glad it just wasn't me.  Started to think I was imagining stuff.

As for now, I just use a different computer for my gaming.

~Captain
No Events found!