Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2010 08:00

Vostro 1510 Laptop Has Pink Vertical Lines Across Entire Screen

My Vostro 1510 Laptop has pink vertical lines that span the entire screen. I accidentally bumped the backside of the screen and they immediately appeared. At first I was able to erase them by moving my cursor over them and then they completely went away but reappeared a little while later. I have had issues with my graphics and don't know whether this is adding to the problem or it is just a result of being bumped. I don't take this laptop anywhere so it's not being jostled around frequently and it's only a year old. HELP!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 21st, 2010 11:00

Attach an external monitor - if the fault shows there, it's a video chip problem.  More likely, the external monitor will be free of the defect, in which case, the panel is defective and will need to be replaced.

51 Posts

January 21st, 2010 13:00

Remember that Dell has offered a one-year warranty extension for this issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/08/latest-on-the-nvidia-gpu-issue-for-dell-laptop-customers.aspx

I think your laptop qualifies.

51 Posts

January 21st, 2010 13:00

This is what happened to my xps 1330 with the nVidia 8400 gs card. After having the laptop for a couple years, it started doing this for a few weeks intermittantly, then finally nothing but black at bootup.

Had to have Dell send out a tech to replace motherboard and chip. Thankfully I was still under warranty.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2011 03:00

now wht is that laptop working.my also same probelm My Vostro 1510 Laptop has pink vertical lines that span the entire screen.n i don't no wht to do!!plz reply me!!

2 Posts

May 16th, 2011 03:00

now wht is that laptop working.my also same probelm My Vostro 1510 Laptop has pink vertical lines that span the entire screen.n i don't no wht to do!!plz reply me!!

:emotion-9:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 16th, 2011 06:00

First thing to do is attach an external monitor.  If it shows a good image, then replace the LCD screen in the notebook.  If it shows the same fault, replace the system board.

Note:  if you have an nVidia chip there's a 12-month warranty extension on it.  If you're outside of that, and have to pay for a repair, go with an Intel-based board - not another nVidia, which will simply fail again.

No Events found!