Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 20th, 2012 00:00

WEBCAM DRIVERS FOR INSPIRON MINI 1012

I HAV RECENTLY INSTALLED THE win7 32bit (starter) OS ON MY SYSTEM. But the dell webcam centre is not working and is asking me to install the drivers for the webcam. i don't know what to do as i hav installed almost every driver on the driver and downloads page.

plz help :-( 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2012 07:00

JATINDA,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Is your computer is under warranty?

Rick

1.8K Posts

December 20th, 2012 00:00

Hi Jatinda,

Check under 'Imaging Devices' in 'Device Manager' and see if the Integrated webcam is getting detected on your computer.

To check webcam in 'Device Manager':

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed.
  • If the webcam is not listed there, you would need to update the BIOS  

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Link to download BIOS: http://dell.to/VT76Bi 

Steps to download BIOS:-

• Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the BIOS on your desktop.
  • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Then uninstall and reinstall USB root hubs following the steps below:

1. Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
  2. From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
  3. Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
  4. Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
  5. Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
  6. Restarted the computer
  7. Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer

You can also uninstall and re-install the 'Webcam' application from control panel and see if it works.

To uninstall open 'Programs and Features' by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button -- > Control Panel -- > Programs -- > Programs and Features --> Select a program then click Uninstall.

To reinstall webcam click on the link: http://dell.to/SZiyuN 

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.

Please reply with findings.

7 Posts

December 20th, 2012 06:00

yes the webcam is listed under imaging devices in device manager. BUT still  DELL WEBCAM CENTER states "NO SUPPORTED WEBCAM DRIVER DETECTED.PLEASE INSTALL THE WEBCAM DRIVER USING THE DELL RESOURCE CD AND LAUNCH WEBCAM CENTER AGAIN". I don't hav DR CD. Do i still need to update the bios? PLZ HELP.

thanks in advance!

1.8K Posts

December 20th, 2012 07:00

Hi Jatinda,

Thank you for your quick response. 

If the webcam is getting detected, you need not to update BIOS as of now. You can uninstall the webcam application from control panel. Then go to 'Device Manager' -- > right click the 'Integrated Webcam' under 'Imaging Devices' and uninstall the webcam. Once you do that, uninstall and reinstall the USB root hubs from the steps above.

After that reinstall the webcam application from the link above. See if it works. 

Please share the findings.  

7 Posts

December 21st, 2012 03:00

can you plz tell me the correct webcam application to download? the above dell webcam central link is not working!

7 Posts

December 21st, 2012 18:00

sorry the link is working fine. i'l post the results after some time.

No Events found!