Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2011 10:00

Webcam not working on Studio 1558

As the title says, I just found out that webcam on my laptop isn't working. Webcam central is asking me to plug in a supported device, and on the bottom of the screen it says "No supported webca...".

I uninstalled and re installed Webcam Center, however nothing changed.

I installed service pack 1 for windows 7 a few days back. Could my webcam problem be related to that fact?

Are there any actuall drivers for the webcam? Or do they come bundled with Webcam Center?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 11:00

Wally2905,

Try installing Dell Webcam Central <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> and see what happens.

Rick

3 Posts

March 5th, 2011 22:00

HI Pudgy.

I tried installing the Webcam Central as you suggested, however no joy. I also tried turning off the laptop and removing the battery for a while but still nothing. The thing that bothers me is that I don't even see a hint of camera in my device manager. I tried uninstalling all USB root hubs, and even all that was left under USB controllers in device manager, but no luck either.

One other thing I noticed is that if I plug in my external wifi card with a large(r) antenna for better reception, it doesn't work...it's like it isn't plugged in at all. I will reinstall windows and start from scratch - and NOT install SP1 this time. Will report back in a few days.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 6th, 2011 04:00

Wally2905,

Easiest method is...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

More involved method is...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

Pay close attention to installing the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

No Events found!