Highlighted
mrcapi937
Bronze

What is 924PLC32 and can it be unistalled.

I am using an Inspiron B130 and my hardrive is getting full. This program is in the ADD Remove utility and says it is using 4GB. Do I need it? What is it? Can it be safely unistalled?
Thanks
Ray
0 Kudos
13 Replies
PETER345
Diamond

Re: What is 924PLC32 and can it be unistalled.

I did a quick search and it appears that others (with Dells) are having the same issue/problem.

I did not find anyone who was sure what it was and some said that Dell support claimed it was not from Dell (even though the registry indicates that it is). Some suspect that it is related to restoring your system to its original state.

If you want to know more, Google for 924PLC3.

Peter
0 Kudos
NemesisDB
Diamond

just to confirm from the google search it appears that this 'program' cannot be removed via add/remove programs.  i would love to test things but I clean wipe all my dell PCs initially
0 Kudos
mrcapi937
Bronze

Just found a message on another post that says this file is the printer driver for the 924 printer that comes bundled with the laptop from dell. I am not using that printer therefor I am going to rermove the file.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
PETER345
Diamond

mrcapi937 wrote:

Just found a message on another post that says this file is the printer driver for the 924 printer that comes bundled with the laptop from dell. I am not using that printer therefor I am going to rermove the file.

Thanks for your help.

That doesn't seem to make sense given the size and difficulty in removing it. But who knows?

Peter
0 Kudos
NemesisDB
Diamond

a 4 gb printer driver?  the 1600n MFP package is less than 100mb.  even the worst monster I've evern installed from HP was only 400mb (granted that was the compressed installer).

must be a lot of fonts in there if it's what it is ;p

all this said, the conclusion most of the information I saw reached was that this cannot be removed via add/remove.  give us some feedback if you try?

0 Kudos
mrcapi937
Bronze

Uugh! The add remove utility will not uninstall. Does
0 Kudos
mrcapi937
Bronze

Does any one know how to uninstall this program and if it trully can be removed with out damageing the computer?
0 Kudos
NemesisDB
Diamond

since know one really knows what it is from what i've seen, i'd have to say no.   i'd suggest a clean install if it's important to you
0 Kudos
JToona
Copper

Where is this file at so it can be manually deleted? I've searched all over the computer and found nada. Thanks.
0 Kudos