Highlighted
guid069
Silver

Windows Movie Maker

Every time I import videos to splice together to make one movie the audio is twice as fast as the movie so it just sounds like I'm watching chickmunks. I have Windows Movie Maker on my Desktop with XP Pro and it creates them just fine. I have a Inspiron 4150 1.8ghz, 384Meg of ram, DVD, XP Home. Desktop is a Dimension XPS B series 800mhz, 128Meg of ram, DVD, CD-RW, XP Pro. I've tried it on many numerous clips and it always does the same thing. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
17 Replies
skyrider
Bronze

Re: Windows Movie Maker

Just like to add that I've had similar problems with Movie Maker & many other programs. 

The only program that works for me is Adobe Premiere, which is the biggest over-kill in the history of the Universe for what I want to achieve. Even then, it only works after I have installed the necessary missing codecs. Installing those codecs into the other programs still does not make them work correctly.

I see that there is a new version of Movie Maker on the way - hopefully better luck with this version!

0 Kudos

guid069:

Try updating your audio and video drivers. You should be able to find and download any necessary drivers for your system in the Dell File Library. Just go to our website at the following address:

Insert your system's service tag in the text box labeled "Enter your Service Tag" and click the "Go" button. You will be given a list of files and drivers specific to your system. If you do not have your Service Tag available you can simply choose your Dell system model from one of the drop down menus.

0 Kudos

I have exactly the same audio synchronization problem with Windows Movie Maker. I've updated my video and auio drivers as suggested but that hasn't worked. Any more suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jeffgtr1
Copper

I have all of the latest drivers, latest bios and I to had problems with Windows Movie Maker, I finally gave up. I've read elsewhere that the only way to get an Inspiron working with multi-track audio apps is to disable acpi and revert back to Standard Computer and disable power management as well. Do a search of "Inspiron" and the Tascam forums as well as Cubase.net you'll find lots of people with problems using multimedia apps. Don't get me wrong I loe the Inspiron using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Office, but there seems to be lots of problems using audio and video production tools. I wish Dell would address this. I"ve yet to get a definitive answer on the Digidesign M-box / Inspiron incompatability.
0 Kudos

I've found a partial fix. I reinstalled Windows XP and that seemed to do the trick--all of a sudden the audio syncro problem disappeared.. However, when I started reloading the various programs that came with my computer, I discovered that loading my DVD software (Interactual WinDVD) caused the problem to re-occur. If I restore the computer to a time before I loaded the WinDVD, the problem goes away again. So WinDVD is the problem.Without it, I can edit my movies without any problems.

That doesn't completely solve my problem since it means I have to make achoice. I can either edit movies using Movie Maker or watch DVDs using WinDVD. But I can't have both programs.

So I have another (less annoying) problem. Anybody suggest how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

justinmullins:

Have you tried applying the latest patch to your WinDVD software?

0 Kudos
guid069
Silver

I've installed the intervideo patch and updated all my video and audio drivers and updated every component of Windows XP and Windows Movie Maker still makes chickmunk sounding movies. I don't understand why nobody can answer this question wheather it be on dells forum or microsofts newsgroups and forums. I have still yet to uninstall my dvd software to see if it works then but I really shouldn't have to do that should I. Thanx
0 Kudos

guid069:

It sounds like one of your audio codecs has been corrupted. You may want to try using the Windows XP System Restore utility to revert your system's software configuration to a time previous to when the problem first occurred. If even this doesn't help, a complete Operating System reinstall will most likely fix it.

0 Kudos
portal001
Copper

i have the same problem as guid069, was there a final solution to this problem as ive been trying to fix it for ages. i have a new inspirion 8200 and no one has helped so far, can you please? thanks

juliaandgavin@hotmail.com

0 Kudos