Parmesan Cheese wrote:
Dear davejohn,Thanks for your reply. There is something I gotta state clear. I removed the battery and pluged it to AC as soon as I started using this computer (not just after the smell developed) so I think it has nothing to do with my battery. I am not sure if this is normal for a new computer or there is some kind of mechanical failure that may lead to "BANG!!!!" you know.If it were me, I would call Dell RIGHT NOW and inform them of the issue and request a brand new replacement machine.
With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...