Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2014 07:00

XPS 17 L702X with NVIDIA GT 555M 3gig Video card bad

I purchased this laptop from Dell in June, 2012.  This was a very expensive laptop that I had maxed out with all the options.  Just recently the Geforce GT 555M Video card that is built on to the motherboard went bad.

This Laptop is in brand new condition.  Well taken care of used just at home.

From what I can find online, this is a common problem and the only fix is to replace the motherboard.

I would hope Dell would repair this for me at no charge due to being a long time customer and this being a defective design.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

1 Message

January 9th, 2015 17:00

I have a L702X from 2011 that had similar problems.  Dell replaced MOBO when under warranty, and then RAM, then MOBO again, and then HDD's and never got it fixed.  They told me they would send a whole replacement laptop, but took two months to locate one, that turned out to be refurbished and lesser specs.  They bargained with me to take the replacement by swapping out the HDD with a SSD so that speeds would be comparable.  I was reluctant but I felt forced to take their offer.

I feel like the XPS 17 has had various problems in its various forms and DELL really let me down by not providing an acceptable replacement after I have been a loyal Dell customer for 20+ years, and have ordered many workstations, servers, laptops for my business, employees and home use.  

I would like Dell to address this issue.  I have emailed them dozens of times.  I still like Dell equipment!!!

No Events found!