Highlighted

XPS 9550 BSOD after BIOS update

Jump to solution

Have someone else experienced the problem with the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD after BIOS update - Dell XPS 15 9550 1.2.21?? It usually happens after sleep/monitor off. After downgrading to BIOS 1.2.19 i no longer experience the problem. 

0 Kudos
32 Replies

RE: XPS 9550 BSOD after BIOS update

Jump to solution

SalikPedersen,

Click the link below to download and update the latest video card drivers for your system.

XPS 9550 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I already tried that and it didn't help, unfortunately:-(

0 Kudos
powersjr2
Copper

Jump to solution

I got the same issue.... getting the same error code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on igdkmd64.sys.   Running Windows 10, did Bios update a couple weeks back.  Experiencing many app crashes with Windows office (Outlook, Word Excel).  Performance is very slow .... expecting better with a core i7 chip....

Need to restart the XPS 15 laptop several times a day just to run the apps.

Need help on this one.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, i installed the last drivers for nvida card,  intel graphics and last BIOS version.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here..I updated the BIOS  and nvidia drivers yesterday and I am getting BSOD every 15 mins

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried rolling back the Intel Graphics driver to the previous version 15.45, and so far no BSOD. So it might also be a problem with the new Intel driver as i updated both the BIOS and the driver around the same time...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem after the BIOS and other drivers update.  Lots of BSOD , screen flickers etc etc. I have downgraded the BIOS to 1.2.19 but the problem still persists. Need a solution asap..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Apparently i was a little to fast when declaring the 1.2.19 BIOS better... It just took longer for the BSOD to show up...

0 Kudos
fontanm
Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I am just about to call & use my NBD support so I will let you know their view on this issue.

0 Kudos