Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

November 9th, 2008 21:00

XPS M1210 Battery Problem

hello,

i have a 3 year old rarely-used xps m1210.
and just recently, the battery icon below the screen of my laptop has been blinking orange non-stop.

1) even when the power adapter is plugged in and has been plugged in several hours

it also starts flashing when i plug in the power adapter to the outlet and then to the laptop.
the laptop is not yet turned on.

2) my laptop won't turn on without the power adapter plugged in, which means it did not charge at all

3) the power adapter has a green light on when plugged in

the user manuals states that: a flashing orange indicates battery is low.
but how come it doesn't stop blinking even when i have plugged in the power adapter?

if anyone could please help me, i would appreciate it very much.

178 Posts

November 10th, 2008 04:00

Probably means your battery is dead; not really surprising given it is 3 years old (unused or not).

4 Posts

November 10th, 2008 09:00

Probably means your battery is dead; not really surprising given it is 3 years old (unused or not).

i found a line in the user manual that may confirm your reply.

it says: "If the battery status light rapidly flashes orange, the battery may be defective, Contact Dell."

its been 3 years so i guess the battery is dead.

thanks for replying to my problem. now i have to find where i can get new batteries here in the Philippines because i live here.

315 Posts

December 12th, 2008 09:00

:^/ If you have a credit/debit card, you can order batteries from Dell.  The postage would likely be more, but I'm sure they'll ship them anywhere.

3.6K Posts

December 12th, 2008 11:00

Here is a brand new one from ebay for $70.00.Half the price of dell.You could probably find one cheaper if you look.

http://m.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=200275004350 .

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 10:00

I have an XPS M1210 purchased Jan 2007 and the new battery won't charge.

Is it the faulty motherboard, as searches of the web would indicate?

If so, I'm going to purchase a new Mac.

September 18th, 2013 19:00

so i bought a charger from amazon every thing looks right but when i got it my laptop wont turn on but when i hold the power button it will flash orange green orange and stop. any ideas,

mine was a gift

XPS M1210

No Events found!