Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

March 10th, 2008 18:00

ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application Error and Intel Framework MFC Application Error

Whenever I start up my laptop (Inspiron E1505) I get an error message saying I need to shut down ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application and immediately after that it says I also need to shutdown Intel Framework MFC Application. Both are related to Intel ProSET Wireless I believe. After I shut those down I can use windows to control my wireless connection without any problems. I recently updated the drivers on my computer via the Dell website (I updated the ProSET Wireless drivers, ATI X1300 drivers, Dell Quickset, and the Broadcom drivers) but the errors didn't happen immediately after I updated. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ProSET drivers/software but as it finished reinstalling and opening ProSET the same errors came up. I tried doing a system resotre to a couple weeks ago but that just made it worse. I couldn't even start windows except in safe made. So I undid the restore, and have ProSET uninstalled right now and no longer receive error messages. Anyone know that is going on?

2 Posts

March 10th, 2008 20:00

Whoops. XP with all released updates to date.

14.4K Posts

March 10th, 2008 20:00

are you using xp or vista?

1 Message

April 22nd, 2008 09:00

I use XP and have a similar problem.  Any solutions, yet?  I have tried reinstalling drivers and the main program from Intel.  I haven't found a reinstall of the ifrmewrk.exe, which I believe is where the problem is based.  The problem is not consistent across all user profiles, best I can tell.  Iritating that the way it tells you to fix it is to be connected - but you can't connect.
No Events found!